RACCE is a project funded by the Civil Protection 2010 call of EU and is coordinated by the Natural History Museum Crete. The project is titled “Raising earthquake Awareness and Coping Children’s Emotions” and is addressed to children, including those with movement disorders. Aiming to palliate the emotional burden and help children cope in case of a serious natural hazard (primarily seismic and secondary volcanic) the project is focused on raising awareness, improving knowledge on earthquakes and simultaneously, educating relative groups (teachers, parents, volunteers and civil protection operators) on the best practices and state of the art responses.
- Natural History Museum, University of Crete, Greece,
- Natural History Museum of Lesvos Petrified Forest, Greece,
- Centro Studi e Formazione Villa Montesca, Italy,
- Earthquake Planning and Protection Organisation, Greece,
- Centre for Educational Initiaves, Bulgaria,
- Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia – sezione di Naples, Osservatorio Vesuviano, Italy,
- Association pour la gestion de la Reserve Naturelle Geologique de Haute Provence, France